CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 3

30 Day Challenge: Day 20 (Your Fears)

There's a laundry list of things I could do without - most of them of the creepy, crawly variety - but I can think of very few things that warrant being labeled as a fear. I suppose the one thing that would count is this. I do not desire to see my dreams fail. I refuse to not live my life in such a way that I don't live up to my potential, failing to seize opportunities that are for me. I don't want to be complacent, unhappy - or even worse- angry that I gave up chasing my heart's desires and....SETTLED.

The very word gives me the creeps...I REFUSE to settle. There are so many things that God has for me. Some will come freely, some I have to pursue. Regardless of how difficult things get or what situations I will have to overcome, the sheer disgust I feel for just existing will keep me grinding. There are so many things I want out of life and things I feel God is calling me to.

I suppose that's a fear...or an aversion at the least. Regardless, I will avoid settling for anything less than who I'm meant to be.

0 comments: